Certificate of Completion and a Level One General Carpenter Certificate that will allow direct entry into Level Two towards apprenticeship.
June 12, 2023
Anishinabek Skills, Innovation and Research Centre (ASIRC)
374 B Hwy 551, M’Chigeeng, ON
The Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program helps potential entrants to the apprenticeship system develop their job skills and trade readiness so that they will be prepared to find work as apprentices.
Must be 19 years of age or over and have an OSSD or Equivalent. Those without an OSSD and who have a minimum of Grade 10 may still be considered. Preference will be given to Indigenous students.
Program of Study
- Two weeks Health and Safety and workshops:
Health and Safety Training, WHMIS, First Aid/CPR, Working at Heights, etc.
- Six weeks Pre-Level Training (Trades Math and LBS/Job Readiness Training)
- Eight weeks Level 1 Curriculum
- Eight weeks paid work placement
- Participants must be 19 years or older
- Participants must obtain 80% for program completion
- Work placements can take place in your local community, pending program coordinator approval
- Assistance with childcare/travel may be available
- All books, classroom supplies, tools and PPE are covered (CSA-approved steel toe)
Supplies Required by Student
- Appropriate work/job site clothing
Ready to get started?
Every attempt is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided in this fact sheet with our valued post-secondary partners. Kenjgewin Teg and its partners reserve the right to modify any course, program, curriculum, fee, timetable or location at any time. As a community-based delivery program with its partner, this program offering is subject to approved funding and sufficient enrolment.